Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Occupant Packaging

To set up the occupant package, I must establish some key dimensions and position the SAE 95th Percentile Manikin. Before I can do that, I need to keep these factors in mind:

On a high performance car, the front and rear spindles are positioned to provide optimal weight distribution. I cannot change these to accommodate the occupants.

Crush space is behind the driver for a rear engine vehicle, because there are no hard components in front of the driver. Thus, there must be more room than for just the engine behind the driver's seat.

The dimensions below correspond to the diagram.

1. H-Point to Ground: 325 mm

2. Chair Height: 150 mm

3. Back Angle: 28 degrees

4. Forward Vision Angles: 8 degrees up, 5 degrees down

5. Effective Headroom: 955 mm

6. Shoulder Room: 1350 mm

7. Lateral Location: (from center line) 340 mm


1 comment:

  1. It seems to be coming along great although I am not sure I could get in and out of it.

    ReplyDelete