Friday, February 10, 2017

Introduction

If you have a passion for cars, then this is the blog for you! By the end of this journey every reader will better understand car design and packaging.

For my Senior Research Project I will be designing and 3D printing a model car.
I am interning at CREATE, a division of the Arizona Science Center that provides members with access to state-of-the-art equipment, including computer-aided design (CAD) software, 3D printers, laser cutters, soldering tools, and a woodworking shop.

Here is a sneak peek!

3D Printing Stations

Large 3D Printer (left) and Laser Cutters (right)

Woodworking Shop


click here to view my project proposal.

click here to navigate to the CREATE website

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be doing 3 dimensional modeling in your cad program?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mr. Weber,
    Yes I am going to use Autodesk Alias to create a 3D CAD surface model. First, though, I will create 2D models in AutoCAD from various orientations. Even a simple set of 2D drawings can effectively flesh out the 3D model.

    ReplyDelete